Spring 2022 Virtual EMDR Basic Training
AACC to Offer a Virtual EMDR Basic Training!
Specialized Trauma Informed Training for Mental Health Professionals.
Limited Seating – Only 40 Spots Available – Secure Yours Now!
In our modern COVID-19 pandemic world, trauma-informed care is at the heart of effective ministry to today’s generations. That’s why we are so pleased to offer for the first time ever, an EMDR Basic Training. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an evidenced-based, trauma informed treatment that has been shown to have efficacy with many different types of trauma issues and distressing life experiences including PSTD, Anxiety, Depression and Panic Disorders. The best news is that this training is VIRTUAL!
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, life has been difficult for everyone, and as more and more of your clients are presenting with trauma, you want to do everything you can to provide effective trauma treatment. This training is an EMDRIA approved EMDR training to offer you the knowledge and skills to effectively administer EMDR therapy in clinical care and practice from a Christian perspective.
EMDR is recognized by the World Health Organization, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, America Psychiatric Association, SAMHSA, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies and more as an effective intervention and treatment for trauma.
Don’t miss this first ever Virtual Specialized Training opportunity!
Special Note: This training is open to licensed mental health professionals, pre-licensed mental health professionals under supervision and graduate counseling students in practicum or internship and under supervision only.
*Only 40 spots available WILL SELL OUT!*
Online Virtual Training (Zoom)
AACC Members: $1500 Non-AACC Members: $1650
Prices Increases after December 31st!
AACC Members: $1650 after December 31st
Non-AACC Members: $1800 after December 31st
CE’s are available for an additional $149
Part 1/Weekend 1: March 11-13, 2022
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET each day
Part 2/Weekend 2: May 6-8, 2022
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET each day
Consultation Hours: TBD ET Based off Group Schedule
40 hours of virtual training broken up into two 20-hour weekends
10 hours of personal consultation with one of your trainers
EMDRIA Certificate of Completion of EMDR Basic Training
40 hours of Continuing Education from the AACC are available for an additional cost ($149)
*Only 40 spots available WILL SELL OUT!*
This course is taught in two parts over two seperate weekends. In between the two weekends, you will receive consultation and support from the instructors, as you apply EMDR to your clients. Given that face-to-face sessions with clients may be restricted, the use of tele-health to conduct EMDR Therapy will also be introduced. Because you will have had practical field experience, when we join together for weekend 2, you will be more comfortable and confident with EMDR interventions.
Because this course is offered on a virtual platform, all class sessions and consultation sessions will be conducted via Zoom. You can anticipate the same level of care as if we were in-person with you; we will engage with you and provide the support you need.
EMDR Basic Training includes two separate 20-hour weekends, and an additional 10 hours of consultation. The price for consultation is included in your cost. You must attendee both weekends and the personal consultations to complete the training.
Continuing Education: The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) offers some psychologists, licensed mental health professionals, and play therapists Continuing Education (CE) credit due for good standing with certain states and a limited number of professional organizations. Each workshop indicates what type of Continuing Education credit is available for an attendee. It remains the responsibility of each participant to be aware of state licensure requirements. Participants should check their state and/or local regulations regarding required continuing education hours.
- Discuss the nature of trauma
- Explain the Adaptive Information Processing Model which informs trauma treatment
- Itemize how EMDR was developed
- Experience the structured EMDR protocols used for EMDR Resourcing.
- Practice the structured EMDR Protocols used for the processing of trauma
- Understand and delineate how EMDR helps clients to process disturbing events from the past, present, and future
- 40 hours of virtual training broken up into two 20-hour weekends
- 10 hours of personal consultation with one of your trainers
- EMDRIA Certificate of Completion of EMDR Basic Training
- 40 hours of Continuing Education from the AACC
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- AACC has instituted a NO REFUND POLICY effective immediately and enforceable for all AACC events. In certain circumstances, credit for a future conference registration or a store credit may be issued in lieu of a refund for cancellations prior to one (2) weeks of the scheduled date for Weekend 1. No cancellations will be issued after that date (02/25/22).
- AACC will maintain a waiting list for this training and a future training: Fall 2022
Who Is Eligible
Licensed Mental Health Professionals:
- Qualifying Medical Doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying Advanced Practice Registered Nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
Pre-Licensed Mental Health Professionals:
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types may include: associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary and pre-license.
- Qualifying Pre-Licensed Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor.
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and must be in the practicum/internship portion of their graduate program. First year graduate students are not eligible. Graduate students must be on a licensing track and working under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician.
- Graduate students who would like to take an EMDR Training will need to submit certain documentation (graduate transcript, practicum or internship details, and a letter from their supervisor which includes the supervisor’s license information and number) in order to verify their eligibility. Students do not need to provide EMDRIA with any documentation unless specifically asked to do so by EMDRIA staff. Any documentation that needs to be submitted would go directly to the training provider either prior to or during the training registration process.
First year Presidential Membership Only $79 with coupon code EMDR
Meet Your Trainers
EMDRIA Approved Consultants Kathleen Fitzgerald and Elizabeth Weinhold will be your teachers. Kathleen and Liz are both LCMHC’s and have been practicing clinicians for over two decades. They have been working together as a team since 2012. Over the years, they have been developing, fine-tuning and teaching EMDR to others. They are excited about having the opportunity to work with you!