The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) offers some psychologists, therapists, counselors, social workers and play therapists Continuing Education (CE) credit due to good standing with a limited number of professional organizations.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The American Association of Christian Counselors maintains responsibility for this program and its content. These presentations, which address religious orientation, cultural competencies, evidence-based approaches, etc., are suitable for equipping psychologists in their counseling, consultation, and training practices with local churches, clergy members, and faith-based organizations who are providing mental health resources and programs for congregants and their communities. Please Note: Not all workshops are approved for APA credits—those that are designated with an asterisk* are approved for APA credits.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), #1400, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: (09/06/2020 to 09/06/2023). Licensed social workers should contact their individual regulatory boards to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Any presentation that is less than 50 minutes in duration is not approved by the ASWB for continuing education credits. (Plenary sessions do not meet ASWB standards).
- The AACC offers continuing education credit for play therapists through the Association of Play Therapy (APT Approved Provider #14-373), so long as the training element is specifically applicable to the practice of play therapy.
- The AACC is approved by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC), #166470, as an Approved Education Provider and is recognized as meeting nationally approved standards of education developed for the addiction/substance use disorders in the counseling profession. CE contact hours that are provided will be accepted toward national credentialing by NAADAC and many of the individual state licensing and certification bodies, as well. Please check with your state for further information and authorization.
- The training offered through AACC sponsored conferences and training programs also meets the ongoing CE requirements for counselors, life coaches, and crisis responders who are credentialed through the International Board of Christian Care (IBCC) or one of its affiliate boards: the Board of Christian Professional and Pastoral Counseling (BCPPC); the Board of Christian Life Coaching (BCLC); the Board of Mental Health Coaching (BMHC) and the Board of Christian Crisis and Trauma Response (BCCTR).
It remains the responsibility of each participant to be aware of state licensure requirements. *Participants should check their state and/or local regulations* regarding required continuing education hours.