Don’t miss this! The deadline for the 2013 World Conference Call for Papers is December 15th—just a week away! In order to be considered to present a conference workshop or poster, you must submit your proposal online by this date.
Build your resume and professional identity by submitting now to present at the AACC 2013 “Our Time is Now” World Conference—with nearly 7,000 Christian caregivers in attendance! Whether you’re a psychologist, psychiatrist, mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, professor, student, coach, lay counselor, or pastor, we want you! Full workshop and poster presentation options are available.
Submit Your Proposal with a Few Easy Steps:
1. Review our 23 World Conference specialty tracks and the submission guidelines listed below. Click here for a detailed list of possible workshop topics for each track, and find where your proposal best fits!
2. Choose from two presentation formats:
- Lecture Workshop/Clinical Presentation (75 minutes on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday)
- New! Interactive Poster Presentation (90 minute symposium on Thursday or Friday)
About our Poster Presentation Symposiums: Due to the limited number of workshop slots available and the many excellent submissions we receive, we are excited to expand our format to allow for greater attendee participation in a brand-new interactive atmosphere!
3. Submit your proposal online! Our brand new Call for Papers Form is quick and easy to navigate. Don’t wait! Nearly 500 professional, pastoral and academic proposals were submitted for the 2011 World Conference! Deadline is December 15, 2012!
4. Register now to get the best conference price by calling 1-800-526-8673! Contact the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (1-888-777-6779) to reserve your hotel room on-site.
5. Mark your calendar for September 11-14, 2013 at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee to join a sold-out crowd of nearly 7,000 Christian caregivers from around the world for a life-changing time of encouragement and growth!
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please read carefully!
AACC members and others are encouraged to submit proposals for presentation at the 2013 World Conference by December 15, 2012.
A Presentation Proposal Application must be completed by every individual who would like to be considered to present a workshop. Applications must be completed and submitted online at speaker.aacc.net. Click here to submit your application.
Shortly after the December 15, 2012 deadline, proposals will be distributed to the appropriate Track Leaders/Coordinators for selection. Their judgments will be based on the following criteria:
- Does the proposal follow wording guidelines for abstracts and learning objectives as outlined by the APA? (Refer to the detailed document included in the online Proposal Application.)
- Does the submission include a high resolution (300 dpi or higher .jpg or .tif file only), color headshot photo?
- Is the proposal clear and psychologically sound?
- What makes the proposal appropriate for a conference on Christian counseling?
- Is the proposal of interest to a wide group of participants? (Proposals that are too narrow are less likely to be accepted.)
- How does the proposal fit the Conference theme?
- In view of other proposals, is the proposal of sufficient impact to be included in the track to which it has been submitted?
If selected, you will be required to:
- Give your presentation at the time selected by the Program Director. Morning and afternoon track workshops will take place on Thursday, September 12th, Friday, September 13th, and Saturday, September 14th. A specific day/time request will be considered if necessary, but cannot be guaranteed. Once the track workshop schedule has been determined, no changes will be made.
- Check in upon your arrival at the Conference and pick up your Badge, “Speaker” Ribbon and conference information packet at the Registration Booth in the Delta Lobby.
All selections will be made by March 1, 2013. Letters informing applicants of their acceptance status will be mailed by March 15, 2013.
Talk Back: What questions or concerns do you have about submitting a proposal? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’re happy to assist you!
Don’t forget to register now for the World Conference and take advantage of our “Holiday Savings” Rate. Just call 1-800-526-8673! Registration for the Conference is limited by the size of the hotel facilities and is sure to fill up early. Contact the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (1.888.777.6779) now to reserve your hotel room on-site.