Inside AACC Research: New Poster Presentation Symposium at this Year’s Conference!
Friday, September 28, 11:45 a.m.—1:00 p.m.
You can pick up a book or journal article, but there’s no better way to get the latest than by talking to the researchers and clinicians yourself!
That’s why we’ve created the Poster Presentation Symposium. As part of the AACC conference experience, we want to challenge you to stay abreast with current research findings and developing interventions in order to provide the best possible mental health care.
Don’t miss this opportunity to interact one-on-one with professional clinicians, professors and graduate/Ph.D. students and learn about the latest advances in the field of Christian counseling!
Participating schools include Sam Houston State University, Andrews University, Regent University, John Brown University, Texas Wesleyan University, Amridge University, and MidAmerica Nazarene University.
Each presenter will be sharing his/her topic visually through a poster and associated handouts and will be discussing findings as well as answering questions.
Mark your calendars now for Friday, September 28, 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m, and take a moment to review the lineup below:
Marriage and Family
- The “Ahh” Factor: Creating a Marriage that is Deeply Satisfying and Profoundly Purposeful with Robert S. Paul, M.A.
- D-Day Doesn’t Have to Mean Divorce with James E. Galyan, II, M.S.
- Eye of the Storm: Strategies for Working with High-conflict Divorce with Sean Stokes, Ph.D.
Clinical Assessment, Treatment and Ethical Issues
- What’s Good about Anger? Evidence-based Treatment Planning with Steve Yeschek, M.S.W.
- Appreciative Christian Therapy: A Theological Paradigm to Facilitate Positive Change in Couples with Eric Dishongh, Ph.D.
- Think on This—Not That with Rita A. Schulte, M.A.
- Capitalizing on Findings in Brain Science in the Advancement of Christian Counseling with Sally K. Steffes-Lovdahl, Ph.D.
- Abortion and the Supreme Court with Allen E. Parker, Jr., J.D.
Kids, Teens and Parenting
- Parental Influence on College Student Health Risk Behavior with Alina M. Baltazar, M.S.W.
- Defiance and Gender: Spiritually Focused Parenting with Kathie T. Erwin, Ed.D.
- Fundamentals of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy with Chuck A. Romig, Ph.D.
- Parenting Teens Past Pornography to True Sexual Satisfaction in Marriage with Ryan Butterfield, M.A.
- Chasing Silhouettes: How to Help a Loved One Battling an Eating Disorder with Emily Wierenga, B.A.
Grief, Trauma and Abuse
- The Art of Grieving with Karin B. Kirkendol, Th.M.
- MUTE: Powerful Pedophile, Voiceless Victim with Diana F. Hassani, M.A.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Coping in Adult Female Survivors with Susan Luck, Ph.D.
- Right Brain Trauma Recovery Through Poetic Prose with Trudy Colflesh, M.A.
Pastoral Care and Biblical Counseling
- Counseling in Third World Nations: Helping on a Short-term Basis with Chris Garner, M.A.
- Giving Pastors’ Wives a Voice: Marital Issues Clergy Wives Face with Sherry R. Rosenblad, Ph.D. (Candidate)
- Compassion Fatigue: Refreshing and Rebounding with H. Jack Morris, D.Min.
- Establishing a Para-professional Counseling Ministry in the Church and/or Community Setting with Reova J. Meredith, Ed.D.
Addiction and Recovery
- Establishing and Maintaining Effective Accountability with Steve R. Silverstein, D.Min.
- The Building Blocks of Masculinity: Constructing Healthy Husbands and Fathers with Todd Bowman, Ph.D.
- Addiction Treatments: Developing and Maintaining a Comprehensive Treatment Context with Roy A. Blankenship, M.A.
Leadership Coaching and Consulting
- Life Coaching for Major Trauma Recovery Strategies—Stroke and Cardiac Events with Daniel Wimer, Ph.D.
- “Coach, Please Speak My Language!” with Vicki L. Corrington, M.Ed.
For more information on the 2012 AACC National conference, click here.