Take Your Pick: Specialized Pre-conference Workshops at AACC’s 2012 Conference!
Would you like to,
- Learn practical ways to minister to individuals and families during grief, loss and crisis
- Develop biblical self-care strategies and counseling practices to avoid compassion fatigue
- Use psychotherapy and spiritual practices to foster change in interpersonal neurobiology
- Gain a multi-faceted approach for individual and couple recovery from addictions
- Identify your coaching niche and develop a personalized strategy to connect with clients
If you said “yes” to any of the above, don’t miss this year’s pre-conference workshops at our National Conference! Choose from more than twenty specialized half-day, full-day and divisional pre-conference workshops. These trainings will be held between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday, September 27th, before the opening night plenary session at 6:30 p.m.
Here’s a sneak peek at the lineup for the full-day and divisional workshops. To review the entire list of pre-conference trainings and sign up online, visit our website.
Biblical Counseling and Spiritual Formation Network
Transformation from the Inside Out: Client Change, Counselor Self-care and the Healing of the Soul
- Developing Healthy Counseling Practices: Counselor Self-care in Dealing with Crises
Ian F. Jones, Ph.D., Ph.D.
- Biblical Counseling: Aiming at Change or Transformation, or, What?
Ron Hawkins, Ed.D., D.Min.
Society for Christian Psychology
A Christian Psychology Approach to Neuropsychology, Psychopathology and Psychotherapy
- The Biology of Sin: Reconciling the Physical and Spiritual Nature
Matthew Stanford, Ph.D.
- Neuroscience and the Healing of the Soul
Curt Thompson, M.D.
- Panel Discussion
Moderator: David Jenkins, Psy.D.
Panelists: Curt Thompson, M.D.; Matthew Stanford, Ph.D.; Jason Kanz, Ph.D. and Shannon Wolf, Ph.D.
International Christian Coaching Association
The Successful Christian Coach: Launching, Positioning and Growing Your Practice
- The Successful Christian Coach: Launching Your Practice
Georgia Shaffer, M.A.
- The Successful Christian Coach: Growing Your Practice
Christopher McCluskey, M.S.W.
- The Successful Christian Coach: Positioning Your Practice
Dwight Bain, M.A.
Grief, Crisis and Trauma Counseling
Ministering to Survivors in Crisis, Trauma and Loss: Theological Foundations, Research and Effective Techniques
- Theological Foundations for Ministering to Survivors in Crisis, Trauma and Loss
Kevin Ellers, D.Min.
- Cutting-edge Research and Effective Techniques for Trauma and PTSD
Jennifer Cisney Ellers, M.A.
- Ministry to Families during Grief, Loss and Crisis: Practical Approaches to Helping
H. Norman Wright, M.A.
Addiction and Recovery
A Team Approach for Individual and Couple Recovery: Latest Findings from Neuroscience, Attachment and Clinical Practice
- Couples’ Recovery from Addiction: A Holistic Model for Treatment that Cultivates Emotional and Spiritual Intimacy
Mark Laaser, Ph.D. and Deb Laaser, M.A., MFT
- Developing a Team Approach to Recovery
Greg Miller, D.Min.
- When Therapy Hits a Wall: Strategies for Dispelling Resistance and Preventing Relapse
Angela Thompson, Ph.D. (Candidate) and Bill Lokey, M.A.
- This is Your Brain and Soul on Porn: What Neuroscience, Psychology and Theology Reveal about Pornography
Jim Cress, M.A.
Mark your calendars now for Thursday, September 27th! Come a day early, avoid the rush, earn CEs, and build your counseling skill set with over six hours of focused instruction, before the conference even gets started! It’s one day that will change your life and your career path!
Click here to explore the full pre-conference lineup and customize your conference schedule. Don’t miss out! Sign up today, while there’s still room!